Every day, I get a lot of questions regarding Crocs, and why not? The ugly but comfy Crocs are everyone’s favorite.
The question that sparked my curiosity the most was, “Do Crocs melt?”
That’s when I began my study, reading dozens of customer reviews and even testing myself to see if Crocs melted or not.
And here I am, with the answer to the topic of whether Crocs melt, as well as many other often asked questions about Crocs.
So keep scrolling to find out the answers.
Follow our other guide to know Do Crocs Shrink In The Sun
Do Crocs Melt?
Yes, Crocs melt. Crocs are made of Croslite, a closed-cell resin with a melting point of 100℃-170℃. Thus, if the Crocs are heated to such a temperature, they will melt. But, Croslite’s melting point is greater than the highest temperature ever recorded on Earth. So Crocs won’t melt if left in the sun.
Since Crocs melt, many of you wonder if they will melt in the sun.
No, Crocs will not melt if left in the sun. Crocs will soften and either shrink or stretch when exposed to high temperatures.
However, if you put the Crocs into a raging fire, they will melt in less than 10 minutes.
Can Crocs Melt Inside A Hot Car?
Absolutely not, Crocs cannot melt inside a hot car. Crocs’ melting temperature is significantly greater than Earth’s highest temperature ever recorded. If you leave your Crocs in a hot car, they will become soft and will either shrink or stretch.
You can wear the Crocs without worry no matter how heated the inside of your car is because they will not melt.
Crocs’ material is soft and comfy, yet it is also strong enough to resist the heat of the sun.
What you may notice is that the Crocs become softer, which might make them too tight or too loose for your feet.
However, you may correct this tightness or looseness by employing the shrinking or stretching methods that I have detailed later.
But before that, go through our epic guide best Do Crocs Come In Half Sizes
How To Fix Stretched Crocs?
Wearing the same pair of Crocs every day stretches them a few inches; similarly, exposing the Crocs to direct sunlight can also stretch them.
When Crocs stretch, they become too loose and slip out of your feet when walking. To avoid this issue, use one of the few shrinking ways in your Crocs and say goodbye to baggy Crocs forever.
Here are the step-by-step methods to shrink Crocs:
Method 1: Use a hair-dryer
- Immerse a towel with hot water and wring it out entirely.
- Set the Crocs on the work table after wrapping them in the towel.
- Set your hair dryer to medium heat and use it to dry your Crocs. Concentrate on the areas where the Crocs are most stretched.
- When you’re satisfied with the results, try on the Crocs to see whether they’ve shrunk to your size.
- Continue in the same way with the other Crocs.
Method 2: Wear socks
It takes a while to shrink Crocs with a hairdryer, so socks might come in helpful if you need a quick fix.
Before stepping into your Crocs, put on a thick pair of socks or a couple of light pairs.
Socks will not shrink your Crocs; however, wearing thick socks will eat up the extra space in your Crocs for the time being.
Wearing thick socks on stretched-out Crocs for a lengthy period of time will cause the Crocs to loosen. So, don’t use this technique every day if you want a permanent solution.
Do check our latest post on the Can You Put Crocs In The Washing Machine
How Do You Fix Shrunken Crocs?
When you leave Crocs in direct sunlight, they can shrink. When Crocs shrink, they become too small for your feet, making them unwearable, and that’s when the majority of you discard the shoes.
Fortunately, you may restore the Crocs to their original size using some good unshrinking procedures.
Here are the most successful methods to unshrink or stretch Crocs:
Method 1: Dip in hot water
Things you’ll need:
- Thick socks
- Bring a bucket half-filled with water to a boil.
- For a maximum of 1 minute, soak the Crocs in hot water.
- Remove the Crocs from the water after 1 minute and let a few seconds for the excess steam to escape.
- Once the exterior temperature of the shoes is touchable, wear Crocs rapidly with socks. Because wearing the Crocs right after removing them from the hot water might cause foot burns.
- When you put on the heated Crocs, they will be quite snug on your feet. However, when you walk on them, the Crocs will get more flexible and fit your size.
Method 2: Use a hair-dryer
Things you’ll need:
- Soak a towel in water and thoroughly wring it out.
- Wrap the dryer in a damp towel to ensure that heat is spread evenly.
- Set the dryer to medium heat and blow hot air evenly over the Crocs.
- Once the shoes are warm, put on a thick pair of socks and go for a stroll in them.
- After a 10-minute walk, remove the socks and try on the Crocs without the socks to see whether you’re happy with the new fit of the stretched Crocs.
- Repeat the procedures if you believe your Crocs require further stretching.
Method 3: Wear socks
Things you’ll need:
- 2-3 pairs of thick socks
Wearing socks is the simplest and most efficient way to stretch Crocs. However, because this is a long-term procedure, you must be patient in order to see visible results.
Wear 2-3 pairs of thick socks with your Crocs, and you’re good to go. Wearing Crocs with socks will be really unpleasant at first. However, the shoes will get more flexible and looser when you wear them more.
In a hurry? Check out my new post Crocs Vs Clogs: Know The Differences
How To Fix Deformed Crocs?
Unfortunately, you cannot fix deformed Crocs. Crocs can get distorted for a variety of causes, including very high temperatures or incorrect storage. Crocs can be shrunk or stretched to a few inches, but you cannot repair them if they are deformed.
Since there are various techniques for repairing shrunk or stretched Crocs, I assumed that there might be ways to fix deformed Crocs as well.
However, after combing the web for a long time and reading people’s reviews, it is impossible to repair Crocs, whose shape has been warped.
If your Crocs have deformed, I recommend not wasting any further time or energy on them; instead, purchase a new pair.
To summarize, Crocs will only melt if you throw them in a fire, but if you believe sunlight will melt them, you are incorrect. At max, your Crocs will stretch or shrink if left under the sun for a long time.
Fortunately, there are various methods for repairing a stretched or shrunken pair of Crocs. But, to be clear, you can only reduce or stretch your Crocs to half an inch.
So, if your Crocs are far too loose or tight, it is best to replace them.
I hope this article has cleared up any confusion, and if you want to shrink or stretch your Crocs, use the ways I mentioned above; I promise you won’t be disappointed.
That’s all I’ve got for today! Please share this article with your friends and family who are looking for a solution as well.