Standing in Crocs all day produces a foul odor on the feet, at least that’s what happened to me.
And smelly feet are a turn-off and a breeding ground for germs.
But not anymore! I am here with the most effective methods for getting rid of the Crocs’ foul odors.
Not only have I shared the methods for removing the odor, but I’ve also given a simple cleaning solution for Crocs. So stick with me till the end.
Check out our separate guide to know Crocs Vs Yeezy Slides
Why Do Crocs Smell So Bad?
It’s no surprise that wearing Crocs all day keeps your feet comfortable. But, at the end of the day, when you remove the Crocs, they produce a pungent stench.
Smelly Crocs not only stink, but they also cause a slew of issues. The foul odor indicates the presence of germs, which can cause a variety of foot problems.
So what is the reason behind Crocs smelling bad?
Crocs stink for a variety of reasons, the most common of which is sweaty feet. When your feet sweat, the moisture is trapped within since the Crocs material is unable to breathe, resulting in a horrible smell.
Also, follow our epic guide to know Can You Put Crocs In The Washing Machine
It’s not necessary; the foul odor only occurs while you’re wearing Crocs. Even when the Crocs are not used, they might emit bad smells due to improper storage.
Crocs begin to smell when they are stored in a damp environment with no ventilation or when grime and sludge become trapped inside them.
Thankfully, the foul odor of the Crocs is not permanent and can be readily taken off following a few methods, which I have explained in the latter part of the article. So stay tuned with me.
In a hurry? Check out my new post: Do Crocs Come In Half Sizes
How To Remove Bad Smell From Crocs?
Smelly Crocs can occur for a variety of reasons, but it doesn’t mean you have to keep wearing those stinky shoes.
Because using simple methods and that too with household items, you can get rid of the foul odor and make your Crocs smell great.
Here are the methods to remove bad smells from Crocs:
Method 1: Use Baking Soda
- Clean the Crocs. With a brush, remove any extra mud and filth from the Crocs.
- Dip a cloth in a solution of liquid detergent and water.
- Using the soapy solution, scrub the Crocs thoroughly.
- Soak the Crocs in running water to remove any soap residue.
- Using a dry cloth, wipe them clean.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the Crocs and place them in a Ziploc or plastic bag. Ensure that the Crocs are entirely coated in baking soda.
Baking soda absorbs odors and leaves Crocs smelling fresh.
- Freeze the plastic bag for at least 12 hours.
- After you remove the Crocs, give them a good brushing to remove the baking soda.
- Fill the Crocs with newspaper to get rid of any lingering odors.
Also, check out my separate post to know Do Crocs Stretch
Method 2: Use Vinegar
- Pour one part of vinegar into four parts of fresh water in a bucket and stir well. The bucket must be large enough to hold the Crocs pair.
- Dip the Crocs in the solution and make sure they are completely immersed.
- Allow 5-6 hours for the Crocs to soak in the vinegar solution.
- Vinegar is a magical ingredient that eliminates germs and neutralizes odors.
- Remove the Crocs and pat them with a towel and keep them in a cool place to dry.
Check out our epic guide to know Do Crocs Shrink In The Sun
Method 3: Place Them In Open Air
Keeping Crocs out in the sunlight is the simplest way to get rid of unwanted odors. It may sound strange, but give this method a shot; I am sure you will be blown away by the results.
However, if the sun is scorching, avoid keeping the Crocs out because high temperatures might cause the Crocs to shrink or stretch.
Follow our guide on Crocs Vs Clogs: Know The Differences
How To Remove Bad Smell From Fuzzy Crocs?
Fuzzy Crocs have a fur-lined inside that quickly gets dirty and stinks.
You can remove the odor; however, the procedure for fuzzy Crocs differs from that for non-furry Crocs.
Here is how to get rid of the bad smell from fuzzy Crocs:
- Remove the fur lining and hand wash it with soap and water separately. Allow time for them to dry.
- Mix liquid detergent and water in a bucket.
- Soak the Crocs for 30 minutes in soapy water.
- Remove the Crocs and thoroughly rinse them in clean water.
- Allow them to air dry.
Also, follow our guide to know Dansko Vs Crocs: Who Is The Winner
How To Clean Crocs?| A Super Effective Method
The Crocs may be washed in the washing machine, but there is a risk of not following the cleaning instructions carefully.
Using hands is the ideal approach to cleaning the Crocs. Hand-washing your Crocs will yield the best results.
Here are the methods to clean your Crocs:
- Brush the Crocs thoroughly to release any dirt particles, then slap them together to remove them.
- Put the Crocs under the tap to clean them with cold water. Make sure you’re not using hot water.
- After soaking a clean towel in cold water, wring it out.
- Make a lather with a few drops of liquid detergent on a damp cloth.
- Apply the soap lather to the entire pair of Crocs.
- Brush the Crocs with an old toothbrush in a short circular motion. Clean the sole, as the majority of the dirt accumulates here.
- After washing the Crocs, run them under cold water and thoroughly rinse them.
- Wipe away any excess water with a dry towel and set them aside to dry in a cool location.
Follow our guide on how to Spot Fake Vs. Real Crocs
How To Prevent Crocs From Smelling In The First Place?
Because the Crocs’ material does not allow them to breathe, they quickly become smelly. But there are some tips and tricks that can prevent Crocs from smelling.
Here is how to prevent Crocs from smelling:
- Clean the Crocs after each usage to avoid the accumulation of dirt and bacteria.
- Do not wear the same pair of Crocs every day.
- Crocs should not be kept in a dark or wet environment. Instead, keep them in areas with adequate ventilation.
- Dry the Crocs entirely after washing them.
- Wear a pair of socks to keep your feet from sweating.
Check out our epic guide on how to Make Crocs Shiny Again
Before You Leave
It’s very normal for Crocs to smell bad as they walk on muck and dirt, experience feet sweating, and many more.
But it doesn’t mean you have to put up with the stinky Crocs because there are several methods for removing the foul odor.
Remember that the unpleasant odor from your shoes not only makes a negative impression on others but it may also cause a variety of foot ailments due to the presence of germs.
Deep clean your Crocs once every two weeks; you can also use scented detergent to keep your Crocs smelling nice. Remember that clean and odor-free Crocs might be the key to having healthy feet.
That’s all for now. I tried to add as much information as possible, and I hope it was helpful to you. Until the next article, take care.