Have a hard time figuring military boots bring good use to your work?
But not anymore! This article will give you a clear idea about how suitable military boots are for your work.
So, are military boots good for work?
Read till the end to unearth the answers.
Follow our guide to know why Do Special Forces Wear Hiking Boots
Are military boots good for work? Pros and Cons included
|Type of Work||Military Boots performance|
(construction, hunting, hiking, farming, military missions or any hazardous work)
(running, outdoor chores, outdoor games)
(walking, going to shop, office work, school trips)
The above table gives a general idea about how good military boots are for 3 types of work.
According to your specific work, the pros and cons of wearing military boots are given below:
1. Heavy work (construction, hunting, hiking, farming, military work)
As a heavy worker, tough and durable boots are more preferred than soft and flexible boots.
It’s because heavy work such as construction, military missions, and hiking put more pressure on the feet. And to withstand such pressure, a stiffer boot is much more suitable.
This is why military boots rock!
- »Provides Tough Protection(Shock-absorber): The hard layers of the insole provide tough protection from risky situations.
- »Keep boots waterproof: The outer cover of the boots is tested to be waterproof for a long period of time.
- »Highly long-lasting: The military boots that are of high quality, usually ensure authentic materials. Using such materials allows you to use them for a longer period of time. Especially if your work makes you work for longer hours.
- »Great slip-resistant feature: The outer sole is made of rubber and has an advanced architecture that protects you from slipping in any circumstances.
- »Provides Insulation in cold environments: The insulated insole layer traps body heat and keeps feet warm during winter or cold environments.
- »Provides Ventilation in warmer areas/climate: The inner layer has vented holes to allow a certain amount of air in and out. It keeps the feet healthy and odor-free due to sweat.
- »Slightly less flexible
- »Difficult to shine the leather
- »Less breathable.
Expert Comments: Highly Recommended
But before that, go through our epic guide How Should Tactical Boots Fit
2. Light Work (running, outdoor chores, outdoor games)
If your work falls under the light work category, then military boots may not be as good as you think they are.
The architecture of military boots is solely designed to optimize military soldiers’ work.
Now, their requirement is definitely more inclined towards protection than comfort. But your light work doesn’t require that level of protection or heavy, tough boots.
I do agree that light works vary. Some outdoor chores may require more protection than comfort and flexibility.
In either case, based on the PROs and CONs you can decide how good it is for your kind of work.
- »Great Shock Absorber
- »Provides long-term protection.
- »Keeps your feet waterproof for a long period of time.
- »Very durable.
- »Provides Insulation during winter or cold environments.
- »Provides Ventilation through ventilated holes for better breathability of the feet.
- »Stiff soles that strain legs
- »The boots are heavy
- »Less comfort
- »Shining the leather is very difficult
- »the degree of ventilation is relatively poor compared to actual work boots
Expert Comments: Not highly suggested.
Check out our separate post on why Do Logger Boots Have High Heels
3. Day-to-day work(walking, going to shop, office work, school trips)
After watching a couple of war movies, wearing military boots became a trend.
Other than giving a cool military vibe, the boots do have their listed advantages and disadvantages.
However, these boots tend to show a few red flags when it’s worn for daily purposes.
Even though most users appreciate its durability, other features seem to untick daily or regular people’s requirements.
- »Provides Shock absorbing feature
- »Provides protection during risky situations.
- »Keep your feet waterproof around water-related areas.
- »Lasts longer than usual boots
- »Keep your feet warm in cold environments.
- »Contains Vented holes for keeping feet odor-free and breathable
- »Were Loosely sewn/glued to hold parts strongly
- »Very stiff and almost no flexibility
- »Very heavy when used for daily purposes.
- »The footbed is very hard and stiff.
- »Difficult to shine the leather even after applying leather wax 4 times.
- »Less breathable during summer.
- »Thick soles
Expert Comments: Not Recommended
Follow our other guide to know what are Tactical Research Boots
Secret Tips (for best usage of military boots)
People often say, “Military boots are made for military people”.
That’s not true anymore.
Civilians, especially military enthusiasts discovered secrets to using military boots effectively.
The reason these tips have grown popular is to make the architecture of the boots more suitable for civilian usage.
As most experts do not recommend regular people choose military boots, the enthusiasts came across 10 secret tips that blew people’s minds.
The 10 best Secret Tips are:
- Make sure to buy an extra insole for better comfort.
- Make sure to choose half a size bigger or your sneaker size for a perfect fit.
- Since the boots are usually heavy, try choosing the lightest version from military shops.
- Some boots are made of leather for durability and some are rubber for waterproofing features. So carefully choose your type based on your work’s requirements.
- If your work is heavy and has multiple risks involved, only then choose the steel toe military boots.
- For daily usage or light work, choose the lightweight ones for faster movement.
- If your work is mostly outdoor-based and you face rapid climate change, then a boot with a higher shaft keeps the feet protected.
- For light work, choose the shorter heightened ones for improved flexibility and less strain on legs.
- Clean the boots only once per 2 weeks, as it takes a pretty long time and effort for cleaning every week.
- Always choose a better quality military boot instead of the regular ones armies use. According to military people, the local ones do not have the quality to its peak.
In a hurry? Check out my new post on why do Special Forces Wear Hiking Boots
Now You Decide
This entire article categorizes all works into 3 segments. For each segment, the performance of the military boot is clearly explained.
So whichever segment you fall under, you will clearly understand whether military boots are good or not.
I also mentioned expert comments for taking faster decisions.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your decision in the comments down below.