If you have landed on this article, you must be trying to find the easiest ways to clean white mesh shoes. If so, then you have opened the right window.
Well, white meshes look so neat and brand new before wearing them, but as soon as you start wearing them, they look as if you have been wearing them for months. As white is the lightest color, it is more likely to pick the most dirt. The shoe’s fabric’s net-like texture makes it absorb almost everything that comes in touch with the shoes.
It is one of the primary reasons why people think twice before buying white mesh shoes. Like who wants to spend countless hours just cleaning shoes and have a backache!
Nevertheless, cleaning white mesh shoes doesn’t need any rocket science. You can clean your shoes without any hassle by following some simple yet useful steps discussed in this article.
All you have to do is go to your kitchen, grab some materials, and make your dirty shoes squeaky clean again.
So let’s jump into the writing.
- Effortless Methods Of Cleaning White Mesh Shoes
- Tips For Cleaning White Mesh Shoes
- Frequently Asked Questions
Effortless Methods Of Cleaning White Mesh Shoes
Maintenance and cleaning play a vital role in maintaining the quality of any product and increasing its life-span. The same goes for white mesh shoes; proper care and cleaning will make them look new and increase its longevity. You do not need any expensive cleaners to clean your shoes, just some cheap household kinds of stuff will do the work. Some of the methods are discussed below:
Method 1: Brush The Dirt When It Is Dry
As white mesh shoes absorb almost everything that comes in contact with it, brushing them will remove any excess dirt particles.
Take any old toothbrush (the bristles must be soft), brush the areas in small strokes where you think is heavily stained. Be very gentle while brushing; harsh brushing will ruin the fabric of your shoes. Little by little, with gentle strokes, brush the entire shoes. What brushing does is it removes all the loose dirt that sticks to your shoes.
Remember, this brushing method is only applicable for dirt or soils that are dry. Do not brush your shoes if the stain is wet; otherwise, you will smear the color all over your shoes.
Try to do this method once in a week; this will prevent any dirt from settling in.
Method 2: Clean Using Soapy Water
Simple steps that you can follow to clean mesh shoes with soapy water:
- Make soapy water. Take a bowl of lukewarm water, add few drops of a dishwasher or laundry detergent and mix them well until it becomes frothy. Dishwasher helps to get rid of any filth or grease.
- Remove the shoelaces if your shoes have any.
- If the footbed is removable, remove them also.
- Let your shoes soak in the soapy water for five minutes. Soaking will help to loosen the stuck dirt particles.
- After five minutes, take your shoes out of the soapy water and brush your entire shoe in a small circular motion using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- For areas where there is a heavy stain, dip your toothbrush in soapy water and scrub the area gently.
- Once you are satisfied with the brushing, wash out the soap water with cold water. Wash it 2-3 times with water until there is no residue of soap.
- Wash the shoelaces with the same soapy water.
- Let your shoes air-dry in a cool, dry place for 24 hours or until your boots are completely dried. Do not let the boots dry in the direct sunlight.
And you are suitable to wear your neat and clean white mesh shoes.
Method 3: Use Shaving Foam
May sound weird to you, but yes, shaving foam helps remove greasy stains from white mesh shoes. But make sure you are using the foamy shaving cream, not the gel ones. Also, make sure there is no colorant in the shaving foam; otherwise, the stain will discolor your shoes.
Below are the steps to remove dirt from mesh shoes with shaving foam:
- Take 1-2 pumps of shaving foam and rub it on the shoes where there is a stain.
- Softly smear the shaving foam on the shoes using a toothbrush or cotton cloth.
- Let the foam sit on the shoes for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take a wet cloth and gently rub the stain.
- If the stain is embedded or doesn’t come out, keep your shoes with shaving foam on it for 24 hours. And then again, taking a wet cloth, rub the stain. Wash the foam with clear water. Let it sit for air-dry. Make sure the shoes are completely dry before putting it on.
Method 4: Vinegar To Make Mesh Shoes Dirt-Free
Vinegar is a beneficial ingredient in removing stains from mesh shoes.
Here are the easy steps to polish your mesh shoes with vinegar:
- Take a cup of distilled vinegar and put it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the places where there is spot or dirt with the distilled vinegar.
- Take a toothbrush or shoe brush and gently rub it.
- Let it sit outside in the sun for 1-2 hours.
Method 5: Baking Soda And Vinegar To Clean Mesh Shoes
If the stain doesn’t come out using vinegar only, mix some baking soda with the vinegar.
Here are the steps to wash mesh shoes with baking soda and vinegar:
- Shower the shoes with the vinegar.
- Dust some baking soda on the shoes while the vinegar is still damp.
- Brush the stains using a brush.
- Wash out the shoes with clear water and leave it to dry.
Method 6: Clean White Mesh Shoes Using The Washing Machine
Yes, you can clean your mesh shoes in the washing machine. But you need to know the exact method of cleaning. You cannot just throw your mesh shoes with your clothes in the washing machine. You cannot wash all types of shoe fabric in the washing machine, so before applying this method, check the manufacturer’s instruction.
Learn these easy steps of how to clean white mesh shoes in a washing machine.
- Remove the shoelaces and put it in a sock, knot the end with a rubber.
- Put your shoes on a pillow cover. The pillow cover should be more significant than the shoe size. Secure the ends of the pillow cover using a rubber band.
- Put the socks with the shoelaces in it and the shoes in the washing machine.
- Add a cup of your favorite laundry detergent and put the setting on Delicate and Cold to wash your shoes.
- After washing, take your shoes out of the pillow cover and keep your boots for air-drying in a cool place for 24 hours or until it is completely dried.
Tips For Cleaning White Mesh Shoes
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while cleaning white mesh shoes.
- Do not use any bleaching product for cleaning mesh shoes. Bleaching can cause discoloration of your shoes and ruin the fabric of the shoes.
- Just cleaning your shoes’ fabric won’t work; the sole of your mesh shoes also need cleaning. While brushing the shoes’ material, brush the sole of your shoes with the same soapy water.
- Rather than deep cleaning your shoes, try to brush or clean your shoes once a week. It will ensure there is no settling of dirt in the shoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are mesh shoes waterproof?
To some level, all these shoes might be waterproof, but they are considerably far from foolproof. And nevertheless of whether the water flows into or not, the shoes will get soaked up on the outside. Many shoes have a water-resistant liner; areas like the exterior mesh and foam liner will be far more than happy to house water.
Can you bleach white mesh shoes?
Bleach has a powerful chemical in it. Bleaching your white mesh shoes can damage the material of the boots and cause discoloration. So it is better not to use any bleaching products.
Can you put mesh shoes in the washer?
Yes, you can put your mesh shoes in the washing machine. But before putting those in the washer, make sure you remove the shoelaces and the insoles. For more detailed answers, check the writing I have mentioned earlier on washing white mesh shoes in the washing machine.
Investing a handsome amount on white mesh shoes that you plan to wear with your straight-leg jeans should not go vain because of dirty shoes. Now that you know all the tips and tricks on cleaning white mesh shoes, you can easily clean your mesh shoes yourself. Do let us know which method helped you clean your shoes; we love to hear our reader’s experience.